15 July 2011

Singing a Different Tune

I constantly have a song stuck in my head. Usually I'm like a broken record with one line of a song. Presently, though, my brain is serenading itself with a medley of Spanish children's songs: "Hay un perro afuera, un perro, un perro...Yo me llamo Rafa, Rafa, Rafa, yo me...Hola ninos, hola ninos, hola, hola, hola..."

This condition is an unfortunate result of a very fortunate event: Spanish Summer Camp. Today is the last day of the second session that I've co-taught/directed this summer. It's been fun. It's been tiring. It's been the reason I haven't posted much on this blog lately. There just hasn't been time to cook and I've had very little energy left to write.

But this next week is going to be a fresh start. I'm hopeful that I will come away rejuvenated and refreshed, with a new spring in my step and a new song in my heart head. I'm looking forward to the next seven days of my life more than I can explain. I'll take lots of pictures that I'll eventually share on here, but for the next week (or so) I won't be posting anything.

What will I be doing? Let's just say that I'll be passing on the Rice-a-Roni for a plateful of this:


 A bowlful of this:



and a cupful of this:


Catch ya on the flip side! 

No comments:

Post a Comment