17 June 2011

Un Petit Déjeuner au Marche

It has been a busy week, so unfortunately I haven't been spending too much time in the kitchen. Next week is the first session of the Spanish Summer Camp that I'm directing and co-teaching. So instead of cooking and baking, this week I've been cutting, pasting and lesson-planning. It's going to be a lot of fun, but I'm not sure how much sleep or how many home cooked meals I'll get.

Speaking of not having a home cooked meal...last Friday, I had an amazing breakfast at my favorite East Nashville restaurant, Marche. I had an omelet with tomatoes, roasted red peppers and goat cheese. (I've been incorporating some goat cheese back into my diet to see how I do with it. So far, so good.)


Marche (which is French for "market") is a little French-inspired cafe with creative, seasonal dishes, European pastries and strong coffee. If you've ever visited me in Nashville, chances are I've taken you to Marche. If you would like to visit me in Nashville, I will gladly take you to Marche. If you live in Nashville and you have never been to Marche (with me) then we need to go ASAP. I'm always looking for a reason to go to this restaurant. The most recent occasion was a great one. It was my good friend Jen's birthday.


They added a single candle to her eggs--it's special touches like this that make Marche my favorite place. I also love all the windows. Jen and I went to breakfast before work last Friday, super early. We had our choice of tables, and Jen happened to pick my favorite one...the two-person table right next to the window in the Southwest corner. :)


Do you have a favorite breakfast place in your city? I'm always interested to find out about little gems in different cities. This summer I'm going to San Francisco, so if you have a cafe or restaurant suggestion for The City by the Bay, please let me know. 

Merci! Bon week-end!

2 comments:

  1. Marche also serves THE BEST coffee in Nashville. The best! I think it's Drew's Brews. I love Drew. Don't know him, but I love him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know we love The Classic Cup in Kansas City! Best location (in the Plaza), best coffee, and great food!

    ReplyDelete