23 May 2011

Chipotle Lime Salmon Burgers

I'm more of an autumn and springtime girl, but there are certain things about summer that I absolutely love. (The oppressive humidity of the south and the Tennessee Cicada Infestation of 2011 are not on that list, by the way.) Outdoor music shows, pools, picnics at wineries, cookouts with friends--these are the summery things I look forward to. Food-wise, I love summer flavors. I mean, how can you go wrong with lime, cilantro and salt. There is nothing better.


I know that some of you are among the unfortunate souls who think that cilantro tastes like soap. I'm so sorry that you possess this handicap of the tongue. I, on the other hand, can't get enough of the stuff. So this past weekend, when some friends of mine had a cookout at their house, I decided to combine a few of my favorite summer things: grilling, salmon, lime and cilantro.


These salmon burgers are super easy. Just take the following ingredients (plus an egg):







Mix it all together in a bowl...


Then, form it into two burger patties and grill them over medium heat. (You can also cook them in a pan on the stove if you don't want to fire up the grill.)

Here are the measurements, but you can always adjust the oil, lime juice and flour to get the right consistency for grilling:

Chipotle Lime Salmon Burgers
1 6oz can of salmon
1 egg
1 Tbsp chopped scallions
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
1 tsp brown mustard
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp flax seed flour (or any gluten free flour)
juice from 1/4 lime
1/8-1/4 tsp chipotle pepper powder

3 comments:

  1. these sound AWESOME and i've been wanting to cook with more salmon lately. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!! We will be giving these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, I have all these ingredients on hand. I'm thinking breakfast. Is that weird?. Oh well, we all know I'm weird. So tired of these cicadas. One flew in my mouth yesterday. Didn't make it in, but got way too close. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete